Best Practice Case Studies
This year, as part of our annual LPP Medicines Optimisation & Pharmacy Procurement Primary & Secondary Care Event, which was held on 11th July 2016, we invited colleagues to submit case studies on Medicines Optimisation projects completed locally.
The case studies submitted were assessed on the following:
- Does the case study address patient safety?
- What impact does it have on the local health economy?
- Can the concept be adapted by other organisations easily?
- Is it a new or innovative idea?
- Quality of submission document
All entries submitted were of a very high standard and were acknowledged.
Following the assessment process above, prizes were awarded to the following top 3 entries:
- South West London and St George's Mental Health Trust for the development of an app that helps with the safe prescribing, administering and monitoring of Lithium Carbonate.
- NHS Southwark Clinical Commissioning Group for Implementing Good Practice in Antibiotic Prescribing.
- The Whittington Health for the Domiciliary Care Pharmacist role
You can view the case studies and details of who they were submitted by, on the supporting Information section on the right.