This framework has been established to allow public sector organisations to award contracts for waste collection and disposal services, which can either be awarded on a per lot basis or can be awarded as a managed service through Lot 3.
Benefits of the contract
All suppliers appointed to this framework provide comprehensive and innovative waste solutions and proactively assist Authorities to reduce the quantities of waste sent to landfill and achieve their recycling targets. This is in line with the revised Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011 which establish priorities for waste management.
- Provides a comprehensive waste service which meets all of the Authority’s requirements and is OJEU compliant.
- Challenges contractors to demonstrate that the majority of the waste it handles is not sent to land fill and utilises the most appropriate and environmentally friendly methodology for treatment and disposal. Contractors provide transparent online reporting systems which identify the final destination for each waste stream showing whether it has been reused, recycled, recovered (waste-energy) or sent to land fill.
- The contract provides solutions that minimise waste to landfill, treats waste as a resource and embraces strategies to reduce miles and its ensuing carbon footprint and cost.
- Requires suppliers to have a fleet of vehicles which are at least EUROV compliant have been equipped with GPS tracking and reporting facilities on both the waste collected and the carbon footprint for the collection.
- Encourages Contrators to undertake training, education and road-shows to the Authority's employees to encourage and increase waste awareness.
- Provides a flexible solution in regard to the changes that may affect both the NHS and the wider public sector during the life of the framework.
Lot 1 - General Waste and Recycling (mini competition)
Lot 2 - Clinical, Hazardous and Radioactive Waste (mini competition)
Lot 3 - Integrated Waste Management (mini competition)
|Lot 1 - General Waste and Recycling||Lot 2 - Clinical, Hazardous and Radioactive Waste||Lot 3 - Integrated Waste Management|
Biffa Waste Services Ltd
Grundon Waste Management Ltd
Biffa Waste Services Ltd
|Contract Type||Framework (Further Competition)|
|Accessible to||All Public Sector|
|Authority||Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust|
|OJEU Award Ref||2012/S 134-223380|
|Initial Period (Years)||5.00|
020 7188 7188 x53804