NICE Electronic and Print Content Framework
Buy journals, books and databases using the NICE Electronic and Print Content Framework Agreement - ends 30th June 2016. Please note that this is a NICE framework, not an LPP-supported framework, and is published here as we believe it offers value to LPP members.
Benefits of the contract
- Get value for money: Save on procurement time with pre-agreed Terms and Conditions (includes minimum standard service level agreements, key performance indicators and flexible licence terms).
- Meet EU regulations: This framework complies with OJEU regulations - no need for full competitive tendering.
- Be flexible and transparent: Make informed content purchasing decisions and justify spend.
How to buy
Note: Any content you buy is subject to normal public sector procurement rules and your local standing financial instructions (SFIs). These should be followed in the first instance. Your local procurement department will advise you.
There are three possible processes that you can use to buy content through the framework
- Direct call off single provider process if onlyl one provider can meet your requirements
- Award on lowest price using the direct call off multiple provider process
- Run a mini-competition
Full information is available on the NICE Electronic and Print Content Framework Agreement web page.
Lot 1: Print journals
Schedule A: Print Journals
Lot 2: E-journals
Schedule B: Electronic Journals: Agent Supply
Schedule B: Electronic Journals: Direct Publisher Supply
Lot 3: Print books
Schedule C: Print Books
Lot 4: E-books
Schedule D: Electronic Books: Agent Supply
Schedule D: Electronic Books: Direct Publisher Supply
Lot 5: Databases
Schedule E: Databases: Agent Supply
Schedule E: Databases: Direct Publisher Supply
Lot 6: Aggregated Evidence Summaries Resources
Schedule F: Aggregated Evidence Summaries Resources: Agent Supply
Schedule F: Aggregated Evidence Summaries Resources: Direct Publisher Supply
Lists of suppliers and methods of purchasing can be downloaded from the NICE website.